iPhone 4S - O2-UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EquilibriumGroup, Oct 7, 2011.

1. EquilibriumGroup macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Anyone know what's going on in the UK? Do I need to wait till the 14th to upgrade to the 4S?

Thanks x

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I believe someone mentioned in the main UK thread that they spoke to O2 and was told that they would start preorders on the 12th.

3. dogegg macrumors member

I've spoken to O2 and to Carphone Warehouse and they both said there is no information yet due to O2 not knowing how many handsets they will get. Vodafone and Orange have both started taking pre-orders already.

Sign-up on the O2 website for latest updates. A bit annoying I know as I'm keen to get the 4S on release day too

4. Frank Castle macrumors newbie

Frank Castle

O2 have put a FAQ up about the 4S launch at http://t.co/qojndBWU - according to that, there are no pre-orders as all stock is going out to retail stores.

Pricing and other details due "very soon" according to their twitter feed...

5. dogegg macrumors member

That sucks as have to work and will not be able to get to the shop till the afternoon. I hope this changes.

6. Iphone3gs macrumors 6502

who said O2 customer was great. They dont give a toss- all they care about is their revenue.

Join Three- all you O2 customers WONT regret it.

Faster- NOW even better customer service, cheaper, you will save more and you will get much more for your money- more minutes more free data

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1242781

7. dogegg macrumors member

Three is looking like a serious alternative. More minutes and unlimited data for less money. Whats the catch?

Also as it seems O2 are not doing pre-orders, I really don't want to be waiting a week or two extra because they sell out whilst I'm at work.

There must be a downside with going with 3 as they seem to be offering a lot more than the other carriers, what are they?