iPhone 4S on iOS 6 Doesn't Sync All Music?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KWall24, Sep 19, 2012.

1. KWall24 macrumors newbie

Okay, so I updated to iOS 6 on my 4S. Was trying to get my contacts to sync from the phone to google calendar, and during a sync, all my music vanished from my phone.

I went to resync it, and it seemed to be going fine. I have it set to "Sync only checked songs and videos" and was looking at iTunes, which said it had 10GB of music.

Exhibit A

"That must be wrong," I thought, as before I lost the music, I had around 16GB of music. iTunes refuses to sync this ~6GB, for no apparent reason. I hit sync and it doesn't send any music, or show an error message.

If I uncheck "Sync Music" but hit "Cancel" on the pop-up, the gauge shows that 16GB of music is going to be on the phone.

Exhibit B

Until I try to sync, which drops it back down to 10GB. I can't figure out a way to do this.

If anybody can help me, that would be great. If you need help understanding, let me know. It's kind of hard to write about it.

2. Lauren5280 macrumors newbie

I am having the same issues. I have tried several things to try to fix it without any success.

I hope someone finds a cure for this soon.

3. nbeshouri macrumors newbie

This is happening to me too. About a 1/3 of my music usually doesn't sync. Every now and then, it will sync it all only to delete it the next time round. iPad syncs the same music no problem.

I was also seeing it with iOS 5 and had hoped that iOS 6 would fix it, but it made no difference.

Is there any known fix?