Iphone 4S on Sprint's Network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TigerBabe, Oct 31, 2011.

1. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Who here is happy with there Sprint service with the iphone 4S? I am thinking of switching because Sprint is cheaper I am currently with AT&T. Any advice for me thinking of switching to Sprint?

2. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Good call quality but horrible data speeds, just look at all the people complaing about the speed. You will be very lucky to get 1Mbps down on Sprint.

3. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Ive been happy with my 4s on Sprint. Browsing is fine for me and call quality has been great too. Yes, downloading apps from the store may take a little longer but I dont mind it.

<--- satisfied new Sprint customer here.

Also keep in mind your area coverage. I get excellent coverage which is probably why my results have been a bit better than some 4s users on Sprint in other parts of the country.

4. davidra macrumors 6502

I would say it depends largely on the Sprint network in your area. The data speeds are awful when measured by some of the apps, but functionally it still works reasonable downloading web pages. It will not be as fast as ATT, but how much are you willing to pay for that? I've been on Sprint for years and I'm used to marginal signal strength and data speeds, but my phone is pretty functional as it is. If the places you hang out in don't have wifi and have a poor
    Sprint signal, I would recommend against switching....

5. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I have sprint and I get just as good as my fiancé gets with Verizon and her ip4 but a little slower than my sons AT&T iPhone . But my bill is the lowest of them all and I have unlimited data and calls for 70$ a month

6. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

I set up a Spring 4S for my mother-in-law. The network is just as fast/slow as it is on my Epic 4G. But I can't imagine having an iPhone that didn't allow me to talk and use data at the same time. I wouldn't leave AT&T unless I lived in an area where AT&T coverage was terrible, or until all the major carriers have LTE iPhones.

Just remember. Sprint has an all you can buffet, but the food kinda sucks.

7. TigerBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

Also I live in the greater Los Angeles area. It shows really good coverage in my area.

8. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

I have sprint, Calls are great.

Some locations really suck with the data coverage. Sprints data has always been slow to me so I have always tend to just connect to wifi connections at school or at home. etc.

Im on a family plan with my brother and my mom. So I just put my part of 60 bucks a month. Beats the 120 I would do with Verizon that I had before.:D

9. snakesayan macrumors member

I have Sprint and love the call quality.. Data speeds are also amazing where Im at... Its like Wifi Speed!!! I love Sprint!

10. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Same here. Happy so far. ATT sucks ass when it comes to getting signal in my house. This is the second house in two states where I've had to walk outside to get a signal with ATT. That's the only reason (well, not the only one) that I switched to Sprint. ATT would NOT move my upgrade date up at all. So I said **** them.

11. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

I switched to sprint from att and have taken a huge hit in data speed. i am saving money monthly tho. still not sure if I should stay. call quality does sound pretty good but man i miss my lightning fast data (used to stream perfect quality netflix or espygo anywhere in the city).

money or speed?

12. Greg M macrumors 6502

I had Sprint for all of 4 days and then switched to AT&T. I had unusable data. Pages took forever to load and siri worked part of the time. I had broken up calls and dropped calls. I was getting a good signal according to the iPhone.

AT&T has been much better although not perfect. Calls are better and now I can actually use the data.

I'd have stayed with Sprint if I didn't have the call problems. I could have dealt with the data problems. Lots of places around with wifi.

Except for having the iPhone I wish that I hadn't left T-Mobile. Best 2 words to use for cell service here in the US is, compromise and expensive.