iPhone 4S on T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by snarestud940, Feb 11, 2012.

1. snarestud940 macrumors 6502

Hey guys

I have a been a loyal t mobile customer since 2001. I love their plans and rates. I currently have an HTC Sensation 4g phone. However I'm a big apple fan. I would like to buy an unlocked 4S and useit on tmobile. However i know that I can only use it on edge (2G) network. I would like to know if it is ok and fast enough for my needs? Facebook updates, email, mms, and I would like to use Siri. Thanks guys!

2. jzhang1990 macrumors newbie

I just got my unlocked one this week and im on tmobile. speed is definitely slower but still functional if your willing to wait a bit longer.

Since i have wifi most of the time where i am it makes it a lot better

3. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502

Is it bad though? Like a very long time? How long is a Facebook update on edge?

4. forcetactic macrumors 6502

if you're on a single plan, buy att locked iphone 4s and use straight talk prepaid.

$45 unlimited talk/text/3g data

5. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

isn't there an option to turn off 3g on the sensation, giving you edge speeds? maybe you can test it out on your phone to see how slow the data is.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

When my plan came up for renewal (a week or so back) I looked into T-Mobile. The coverage where I live is appalling, I also looked into Giff Gaff (o2 owned) but they didn't have a plan that suited me, and some of the high end functions of the 4S would have been disabled.

Looked around but in the end I'm sticking with O2....Bit more expensive, but its a good service.