iphone 4s or 5??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by groundog, Oct 27, 2011.

1. groundog macrumors newbie

hi guys, so i was wondering whether i should invest in an iPhone 4s or wait until the iPhone 5. I've not got any iPhone right now and if i buy an iPhone i need it to last for a while (if i buy 4s i won't be buying 5) ask I'm not that bothered about siri. so basically what would you guys do, buy the 4s or wait for the iPhone 5 with the improved look which is rumoured to be released in the summer:confused:

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I'd say if you need a new phone, get one. No one knows when the next model will come out - Summer? Next fall? 16 months? There is precedent to support any of those guesses. No one knows what features it will have.

Personally I've gone for the 4S because my wife wanted my 4. Otherwise I might have waited. If I had a 3G/3GS I would have upgraded regardless.

3. Scarlet Siren macrumors regular

Scarlet Siren

I currently have the 3GS which I bought in 2009. I don't think I can hold out to next year for a new phone so I'll be picking a 32gb 4S tomorrow :D

4. azm macrumors newbie

just go for the 4S. then get the 5S in 2 years. better to have an iphone then not have an iphone. I went up from a 3gs as well

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

There's really nothing in your post that indicates that one option would be better than the other. How about some other criteria that are important to you? How long are you willing to wait based on rumors? Back when my wife got her VZW the popular rumor was that the iPhone 5 was imminent. Be careful relying on rumor.

6. salacious macrumors 6502a

should you wait til tomorow to die or next year... you could die soon who knows, but theres two possibilities youl die now deciding on an iphone next year, and ultimately will have died without experiencing the iphone, or you could buy it now and die a few days later, however you will have at least experienced it...

7. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Buy i4 off Craiglist for high 200 and upgrade to i5

8. MBPLover! macrumors newbie

For those who upgraded to the 4s, is it worth waiting for it, or get the IP4 8gb if you really want one? I want the IP4S, but it's like playing iPhone Lottery every night at 9pm for that 16 GB

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

Where have you seen these rumours of a Summer release ? I very much doubt the next iPhone will. E out before September or October of next year. At the end of the day what's the point of posting such a thread. We can't make that decision for you, only you can.

10. groundog, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

groundog thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replies guys, i think i'll just go for the 4s and upgrade when 5s comes out (if they release it) or look at upgrading within my contract if its not to much:)

----------

just wanted to see peoples opinions if its worth getting the 4s
    [/COLOR]
    i remember seeing a story on the front page of this website with cnet quotes and things but can't find it on archive now

11. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Buy a cheap 4 and then upgrade to 5 later next year?

12. MBPLover! macrumors newbie

When you say buy a cheap 4, do you mean on CL or a new IP4 8gb?

13. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

CL.

I bought a 3GS early last year through kijiji (canadian equivalent of CL) and upgraded to the i4 early this year (only to sell it off again :p).

Now planning to get an i4 off CL/kijiji and upgrading to 5 next year (or 6, whatever it is called).

14. jimjamesjimmie macrumors newbie

Sure, you can wait for the Iphone 5 because it will be better than the Iphone 4s, just like how the Iphone 4 is better than 3gs, and 3gs being better than 3.

So, wait.

15. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I say buy 4s because you can always sell it later for good money before the next iPhone comes out

16. steph280 macrumors member

Iphone 4 is named that way because it's the 4th iphone released; 4S is the 5th phone. So if Apple follow this pattern, next iPhone is NOT iPhone5, but iPhone6.