Iphone 4s or Iphone 5 in Sept?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmgman23, Jun 7, 2011.

1. jmgman23 macrumors newbie

Do you guys think it will be an Iphone4s (a5 chip, new camera) or Iphone 5 (complete redesign) in Sept?

I know it is all speculation but I need to get rid of my BB. I want an Iphone now but it would suck to buy one and see the iphone 5 come out in 3 months.

As an average user I dont think i would notice a idfference between an Iphone 4 and 4s.

What is an A5 chip? would i even notice it?

2. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

No one can say for sure, of course, but the rumors I've seen say it's a 4S with the same form factor (more or less) and no LTE.

The LTE version that is commonly thought of as iPhone 5 is probably next year, but when? If Apple switches to a fall release for the phone, do we wait another year for 5? I'm guessing not. I would expect a spring cycle for the 5, but that's just a guess.

If you want LTE, wait. If that's not critical to you, the current phone (or the 4S) is fine.

3. jmgman23 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I only know about a 5th generation iPhone, hence iPhone 5. Don't know what a 4S is, but i heard it's a term some random developer made up.

I think if you can wait, you should. It's only 3 months, they'll pass really quickly. You might notice a difference when comparing iPhone 5 with the iPhone 4, and if you choose to keep the phone for a while, the iPhone 5 will have a longer life. Also expect a better battery with the aid of a Dual Core processor. So I think waiting would be the smartest thing to do, since you have a functional phone already.

Play around with an iPad and an iPad 2, can you notice the difference? It'll be the same for the iPhone, but the difference will be bigger.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

The recommendation is wait. However, if you cannot wait 3-4 months, then go buy now.

It is very likely that apple will not go into LTE on next iphone and wait until iphone 6.

Expect iphone 5 to be announced in September and release in late September or early October.

Here are things I think that will happen.

1. 8 megapixel Camera with 1080P recording
    2. 32 and 64GB storage
    3. A5 Chip with 1GB ram (A5 Chip is apple's successor to A4 chip. It's almost as twice as fast)

4. Minor redesign on Antenna to improve reception.
    5. Even better battery Life than iPhone 4.
    6. Probably and could be one phone that will run both AT&T and Verizon Network.

Again, my recommendation is to wait. I am waiting for iphone 5.

The difference between iphone 4 and iphone 5 will be minor on iOS 5. As we go into iOS 6.0 next year, the difference will be bigger and bigger.