iPhone 4s or wait for the new iPhone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ccvrt, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Ccvrt macrumors newbie

I am able to upgrade my contract with Sprint and was wondering if I should wait for the new iPhone or buy a 4s. I like the size of the 4s and would love to use Siri but from the rumors I've read, the new iPhone may be slightly taller and not have Siri at launch. Also, would the whole LTE thing benefit me since I have sprint or is that more for AT&T users?

2. BurningJah macrumors regular

like so many thing in life. Buy if you need it.
    if you can hold out until october of whenever apple chooses to bring it out, then wait.
    if you need it today then buy the 4S

3. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

Why would the new phone not have Siri at launch? Apple doesn't generally remove features of the previous version when they release new phones.

4. dylanlive macrumors member

If you're concerned about features on the new iPhone, I would still wait for the announcement. If in the event they didn't include Siri (I really can't see them removing it), or if there is something else you don't like about it, the price will dramatically drop on the 4S post release of the new iPhone.

So by waiting you have the benefit of either
    - Getting the latest version of the iPhone with (hopefully) better functionality
    or
    - Getting the 4S for a much cheaper price

As for me, I'm waiting! We're too close...

5. RedCroissant Suspended

I would wait then buy the phone for much cheaper. That way, you might save enough to prevent having to renew your contract.

6. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

Apple doesn't remove features, the next iPhone will surely have Siri at launch. Going by rumors, the next iPhone will have taller screen (probably with new screen resolution), LTE, new port. I think its worth waiting, you can get the new iPhone for the same price or the 4S for cheaper.

7. TheMTtakeover macrumors 6502

TheMTtakeover

Tell this to people who want an RSS feed in Safari 6. haha. I doubt they will remove siri though.

8. Ccvrt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the advice. I will continue to wait for the next iPhone.

However, does LTE apply to me since I have sprint? I don't know much about LTE but that it's supposed to be faster.

9. LotusLord macrumors 6502

LotusLord

The Capital of the Land of Cheese and Beer
    It may not apply to you now, but Sprint is rolling out LTE. They just started their roll out though so it may be quite a while before it's available where you are. They do have 2 or 3 existing phones that are compatible with it though, if that's any indication.