iPhone 4S orders on 10/7 will NOT arrive til 10/21 nationwide!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spooner83, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Spooner83, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011

Spooner83 macrumors 6502

Spooner83

If you would like to have your iphone 4s on 10/7, better go to the store early 'cause I just found out from Verizon that anyone who ordered an iPhone 4s on 10/7, will get it on 10/21. They don't ship out until 10/14, Apple failed to mention that. I saw it for myself on the Verizon computer in the store just now, when I checked on my order. It said "effective on on 10/7 6pm, all orders will arrive on 10/21." So, this is a douchey move from Apple, but it doesn' suprise me, getting our hoped up and being disappointed, it's normal of Apple.

As far as the people who have an estimated delivery date of 10/12, I have no idea how they have that 'cause the guy at Verizon showed me his email directly from Apple that said all orders wll arrive on 10/21.

2. CmdrThor macrumors member

Sucks for you. My phone is on a plane from Hong Kong to Alaska, then heading to Louisville, then on to my house by Friday 10/14.

3. HopHead927 macrumors member

Are you sure it isn't orders received on 10/7 after 6pm wont be there until 10/21? That seems much more likely...

4. rashawnsdinner macrumors newbie

Roasted.

----------

This. This bro at the VZ store is probably reading an email that was sent out after the initial pre-order quantities were sold out.

5. yodayoda, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011

yodayoda macrumors regular

This is not true - why don't u reference what you are talking about . Everyone ordered differently, did u order from Verizon or Apple? I ordered mine from Apple and is scheduled to be delivered on Oct 14th -

6. wurt macrumors member

so all orders placed after 6pm 10/7 will arrive on the 21st.. this is old news.

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

That says to me, that by 6PM on the 7th all phones for delivery on launch day were sold. Orders placed after that time may not arrive until the 21st. Seems reasonable to me, I think you are overreacting JUST a bit :rolleyes:

9. yodayoda macrumors regular

I ordered from Apple at 9pm and I still have an Oct 14th Delivery Date!

----------

Not true, Apple still had the Oct 14th Delivery Date up until around 9 or 10 PM Eastern on the 7th -

10. edk99 macrumors 6502a

You are really going to look silly on Friday when everyone is getting their phones. You will look even sillier when people start getting them on Thursday. :D

11. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

We'll see how dumb you look this friday when I get my phone delivered to my house.

12. Spooner83 thread starter macrumors 6502

Spooner83

It does, but Verizon said Apple tried to hide this from us.

13. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

I just got off the phone with verizon to try to clear this **** up. I was told that ALL pre-orders made through verizonwireless.com will ship out on 10/21. She told me no one should expect them this week. She did mention that if you ordered through apple thats its a different story.

14. Spooner83 thread starter macrumors 6502

Spooner83

I am? Well don't kill the messenger, I'm just saying what the guy told me!

----------

I ordered from the Verizon store at 1 pm

15. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

The discussion was regarding Verizon shipments, not Apple.

16. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

They did? Omg your telling me that a company hid something from us???? Oh will the world keep turning? Dude chill. No one lied this is the controlled chaos that happens at every launch. Chill out, go outside, enjoy the nice weather, hell try to talk to a girl. You will be ok!

17. rashawnsdinner macrumors newbie

I would bet my left nut that this isn't true. CSRs have very, very limited actual knowledge of anything going on. My old neighbor worked as a CSR at ATT and he said that literally everything is done through the computer. They type in the problem, and the computer gives them an answer to relay that to the caller.

I'm almost 100% confident in this, but seeing as how I am on fall break and have nothing else useful to do with my time, I am on hold with Apple in an effort to clear this up. I'm not even sure they're going to give a satisfactory answer but usually their CSRs are a little bit better than the norm.

18. HopHead927 macrumors member

Anybody else find it interesting that the only post to back up what OP said is from an account that first posted 30 minutes ago and has only been saying things that are in line with the OP...?

19. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

20. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Do you have any idea how unoriginal this is and how everyone says this exact insult when they make some half-baked declaration to a bunch of people who happen to know better?

21. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Guess this means I'll have to sue Apple now. Nevermind, Samsung beat me to it.

22. iTouchIt macrumors regular

You sir, are an idiot. To add injury to insult....I ordered from ATT at 9:00am on the 7th and I will get mine on the 14th!

23. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

Checking @ store.apple.com, mine says 'Delivers on October 14th'.
    Historically, they have never failed me.

Must be a Verizon thing? ;)

24. rashawnsdinner macrumors newbie

This guy is obviously trying to get a rise out of us. He can't be serious. It's kind of funny.

In other news, I just spoke with an Apple rep. He gave me kind of a run around answer that I expected but I'll post it anyways,

"All carriers were given a certain allotment of iPhones that will be available to them on launch day or SHORTLY BEFOREHAND. What they decide to do with that allotment is entirely up to them. If they allotted X devices of that lot to be for online presales, and you were lucky enough to be included in that lot, then you will get your iPhone when they so choose to ship it".

I need to get off this site.

25. IcyStorm macrumors regular

What would be funnier is if OP and smokechaser are correct.