iPhone 4S overheating

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Confuzzzed, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

Usually when playing non-intensive games even for a few minutes, my iPhone 4S seems to overheat. Ditto on charging.

Both the glass (more on the back but also the front panel) as well as the metal bezel around the side.

On rebooting the phone cools down. powered off my iphone and after 10 minutes of sitting on carpet it got cooled.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I know on another thread someone posted a screen shot of a yellow warning triangle if the phone overheated too much but wondering if this is real.

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Yes - the warning triangle can appear if the device gets warm enough.

Electrical devices and batteries can warm up when charging, but too much will obviously end up damaging internal components. If you think yours is excessive, and easy to reproduce, you might want to bring it along to the Genius Bar at your nearest Apple store and leave it charging for 30 mins while you browse.

As it's still within warranty, they should change it if they find the heat excessive after 30 mins or so.

RTP.