iPhone 4S Possible bugs to be checked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nihil, Oct 16, 2011.

1. nihil, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

nihil macrumors newbie

Hello,

I bought a new iPhone 4S Black/16GB yesterday from the local apple store. Unfortunately, whenever I was making a call, there was significant hissing sounds under the dial tone and the volume of hiss was constantly changed during hearing the dial tone. Also, sometimes my call is responded or transferred to my friend's voice mail box 10~15 seconds after I make a call, without hearing any dial tone from his line.

So I changed my phone into a new one today, but I met one another problem again. If I try to talk to my friend through the bundle earpiece, it works fine for the first some minutes. After then, however, the listening volume goes suddenly up and my friend cannot listen to my voice anymore. But it would be fine if I unplug the earpiece and start to talk just on the phone or if I make a new call after hanging up the ongoing call.

Thus, I would like you to check the following some possible defects.

1) Can you hear the dial tone correctly?

2) Is there any significant hiss under the dial tone?

3) Is there any considerable volume change of hissing sounds during hearing a dial tone? (hissing volume goes up and down during hearing a dial tone)

4) Are you okay in talking through earpiece more than 30 minutes? (If a problem occurs, please try to unplug the earpiece and continue a conversation through the phone's microphone before hanging it up)

* To correctly test the 4), you should keep your phone call more than 30 mins and might have to do some other jobs on the background.

Hopefully, it will be helpful for all users.

-N-

2. Danno21 macrumors regular

Danno21

Here's something else you might encounter with your 4S (I just did) that I heard happened to a lot on iPhone 4.

I went to check my phone recently and it was completely dead. Surprised me since it was at 58% last time I checked it about six hours ago. Went to charge it and it was still dead. Nothing worked, so I did a power reset (hold power and home button together for ten seconds) and it finally turned on. When it finished loading, the power was at 38%. I had charge it for maybe 30 seconds so it obviously had power still in the first place.

Heard it could be a software issue and I may need to factory restore and restore from iCloud if it happens again. If that doesn't work, guess it's back to an Apple Store.