Iphone 4s problem ( please help)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tamu, Jul 7, 2012.

1. tamu macrumors newbie

I have Iphone 4s and tried to restore it.

1. It shows Apple logo and connect to iTunes.
    2. I connected it to iTunes but it said " cannot be restored error 2001..."
    3. I doubted the phone has battery issue because the phone is off if unplugged.
    4. I asked one guy to replace the battery and got the phone work
    5. After replacing new battery, the phone goes on and off randomly until it has 1% battery. I charged it but suddenly it showed 100% full charge.

NOW I am charging the phone but it still go on and off. The date is in 1970. Cannot connect to internet, phone, ......

Please help

2. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Wow that's crazy, have you tried contacting apple? Or you could type your question on YouTube and you may find the answer there.

3. MNFL macrumors member

MNFL

Whoa, what did that guy exactly do when he exchanged the battery?
    maybe he didn't install it properly, making the iPhone turn off and on as u say.
    anyways, only way we can help u here is software wise. in that case, Restoring would bring u everything back to scratch. So...
    Error 2001 means:
    The Mac OS X kernel extension "IOUSBFamily" that was bundled with late 2008 / early 2009 MacBooks, as well as the 10.5.6 update, has a bug where it fails to properly recognize an iDevice in DFU Mode. It can be resolved by updating to 10.5.7 (or later), or using a USB hub.
    Close limera1n.

4. noteple macrumors 65816

Latest version of iTunes might help.

There are older versions that don't manifest problems until you need to do a DFU restore.

5. tamu thread starter macrumors newbie

thank everyone

My macbook air has latest iTunes. I tried to restore but it does not work too. It said " your iPhone is not eligible for restore....". I tried to set it in DFU mode but it just stays there for 2 seconds and back to recovery mode.

NOW if i plug the phone to computer, it will show " connect to iTunes". If unplugged, the phone is totally dead.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Try a different computer.

Was it jailbroken? Why was the battery replaced, an iPhone 4S shouldn't need one so soon.

7. tamu thread starter macrumors newbie

it shows 100% when plugged but off when unplugged. I thought it was battery issue.

My iPhone 4s is gold custom version so that I cannot bring it to apple store

8. MNFL macrumors member

MNFL

if I were u, I would take it back to that guy who replaced my battery. he only made things worse

9. tamu thread starter macrumors newbie

it shows 100% when plugged but off when unplugged. I thought it was battery issue.

My iPhone 4s is gold custom version so that I cannot bring it to apple store

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

If you kept the original casings put them back on and pay the $200 replacement cost.