Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Against Fools

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Hello, I've seen some discutions here and on other forums about unlocking the 4s but they all seem to be really questioning, can someone answer some questions please?
1. as of now redsn0w doesn't have a jailbreak method for the 4s, right?
2. if i jailbreak it with other programs, absinthe, greenpoision and others, what are the cons? will siri work? can i restore? will i have to change the baseband?
3. if i jailbreak can i unlock it?
Thank you for your time.

4S, 5.0.1(9A406) MC922LL 1.0.14.
Thank you!

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Hello, I've seen some discutions here and on other forums about unlocking the 4s but they all seem to be really questioning, can someone answer some questions please?
2. if i jailbreak it with other programs, absinthe, greenpoision and others, what are the cons? will siri work? can i restore? will i have to change the baseband?
Thank you for your time.

Thank you!

no just absinthe for the 4s

only cons I can see is random icons showing up when you install/uninstall (respring will fix this)

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
your phone will work exactly as it did before jailbreaking it

theres no jailbreak unlock available for the 4s

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Thank you for your time.

Thank you!

1. Correct

2. Absinthe is the only program to jailbreak the 4S. Siri works with no problems, the jailbreak doesn't interfere. In fact you can install apps from Cydia that enhances Siri.

3. For the possible unlock for the 4S, you'll need to downgrade to 5.0.1 (94A405).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.