iPhone 4S Randomly Shut Off

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by slaystation2454, Feb 23, 2014.

1. slaystation2454 macrumors newbie

Hi, so about 2 weeks ago I started having problems with my iPhone 4S's battery. It only charged if i moved the cable around in a certain position. I tried using 4 other Apple cables and the same thing happened. I decided that it was probably the battery so i left it alone (it was supposedly charging). The next day the phone was off and wouldn't respond at all. I tried resetting it etc... computer woulnt also detect it. I took it to the apple store and was told that they couldn't service it because it had "water damage" wtf? and also the screws were loose. The guy accused me that i had opened it so i left pissed. The only time it might have been opened was then i replaced the back glass in the same apple store. What do you guys thin/ can it be the battery or maybe the processor died or something?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did they offer you an out of warranty replacement phone for $150?
    I'd go with that if it has many issues, including liquid damage.

3. slaystation2454 thread starter macrumors newbie

Na, guy just told me they couldn't service it but none of the liquid indicators are on so i don't know how he concluded it was damaged by liquid.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's multiple liquid indicators. Inside the phone, on the bottom where the charger plugs and one inside the headphone jack.
    I believe the replacement fee for the 4S is $199 not $149.
    He didn't mention it but it is an option and they will give you a new 4S when you hand in yours.
    Or you can try a local iphone repair place to see if they can fix it.