iPhone 4S randomly turns on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Emily13, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Emily13 macrumors newbie

Whenever I turn my iPhone 4S off it will turn itself on again, it usually happens about an hour after I turn it off but it varies. It's been happening for about a year now and it didn't really bother me because I just left to on charge and I rarely turn it off anyway. However, I have my A Level exams at the moment where my phone, obviously, has to be turned off. I've had to leave it at home because of this, however for one exam I have to take my phone as I have plans after the exam. Does anyone know how I can stop this happening? :confused:

-I have the latest update
    -The power button isn't (obviously) getting stuck
    -It isn't jailbroken, and I don't have any apps that could have given me a virus. (Well I suppose I could have, but they're all really common ones like Twitter)

Thanks for any help! :)

2. magilla macrumors regular

Not sure I can help (I'm new to smartFones - just graduated to a 5s) but you said this has been happening for about a year. Does it happen EVERY DAY? Were you using the same app each time you turned it off then it mysteriously turned itself back on again? When it turns back on again, does it come up with the same screen? Does it come up running the same (if any) app? You said you "...rarely turn it off anyway." Is there some setting in your "general settings" that could have inadvertently been set to cause this?

Just asking ...maybe this'll help some others to figure it out for you.