iPhone 4S replacement question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Caris, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Sep 25, 2006
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
    Yes, already!

I'm just curious, if my 4S was faulty on Friday (dead pixel etc) with Apple not having refurbs yet would they just swap it over with a brand new boxed one?

I know it's unlikely, it just something I've always wondering about product launches.
  2. vitzr macrumors 68030

Jul 28, 2011
    I cant' speak for Apple stores, because the iPhone is the only thing I don't buy from them.

I get mine from AT&T, and they check it during the sale, if it's not right they give me a new one right on the spot.

It's happened to me before. There's no way to beat AT&T for great customer service and friendly assistance.

When I buy via AT&T online, it's the same thing, if I receive a faulty phone, they send a replacement right away, overnight, free shipping. It's why I've stayed with AT&T for 12 years, they have always had the best service and support.
  3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Jan 17, 2009
    Surfers Paradise
    Apple has phones pre-designated as replacement phones made in the factory.
  4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Ugh. Since everyone has stalked their phones now we're moving onto the lovely OMG my phone is bad I need a new one! threads.

If you really have a legit issue there are usually replacement phones on hand in brown boxes. Same was true for my iPad.
  5. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Mar 13, 2010
    I agree. We have an AT&T Corporate store right here in town. I've known many of the sales staff and the manager for many years. I've been a customer for 16 years, since 1995. When I bought my daughter's iPhone 4 last year we brought it home and there was a problem with the camera. I brought it back to the AT&T store and they replaced it right away with a new one. Granted it was only 24 hours old, but they were more than accomodating at the store. My experience with AT&T has always been positive and I will stay with them until they provide me with a reason not to. I have a family plan with unlimited family texting, unlimited mobile to any mobile, 4 iPhones on the plan all with unlimited data.