iPhone 4S Replacement Question.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ajdbaillie, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ajdbaillie macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have an iphone 4s which I dropped and smashed the back and screen. I replaced both the screen and back myself but for a while the top part of the screen still wouldn't work then I dropped it again and this time the middle section of the screen stopped working. I figured it could have been some screws holding the screen so I opened it and tightened them but when I put it back together I noticed that the battery connector had come off the motherboard. If I take the phone into the apple store will they replace it for the fee of £146?

2. GuardDogTech macrumors newbie

That is a tough question. I don't think that they will fix it since you opened the phone. The battery connector can be replaced, you just have to find a cell phone repair shop that can perform solder repairs. I've been doing them for years, and it is no easy task the first few times. I know that the Apple Store is now offering repairs, but I'm not sure of the cost. I have to imagine that they will just swap it out. I hope this helps.