iPhone 4s restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by reaper414, Oct 6, 2012.

1. reaper414, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012

reaper414 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am not a newb but I need some advice. I want to restore my iPhone 4s so I can sell it without upgrading to 6.0 I am currently running 5.1.1 jailbroken. I want to stay with 5.1.1. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Further info, I tried to "shift+click" on restore and select the ispw for 5.1.1 but say the file is corrupt. what the **** lol please help!

Oh and Cydia shows shsh for 5.1.1 I do not know how to use those so advice there would help too.

Edit:

I have tried downloading a new ispw with a different web browser so far i tried chrome and fiefox and both give me the error file is corrupt. I have tiny umbrella and saved my shsh blobls

please help!

2. cybrain29 macrumors newbie

Stich your blobs with the ipsw

As I have understood from the post, you want to do a full factory reset. But I want to ask one thing is why dont you do it on the phone itself. It will save you a lot of trouble. General > Reset > Erase all contents and Settings.

However, if you want to update it using the ipsw do this.

Open Redsnow, and go to extras. There select SHSH blobs and select stitch.

It will ask you for the firmware file, make sure you have the correct version.

It will stitch and create a new ipsw with your device ECID in the filename.

Put your phone into Pwnd DFU mode and restore using iTunes

You might get 16xx errors,rectify them using google.

Hope this helps :D