iPhone 4S running warm when not in use?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by wesk702, Nov 13, 2011.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

I'm having the battery drain issue. Anybody else notice their phone running warm when not in use?

Something's still going on, even on stand by. Doubt that email push is doing this.

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I used a systems stats program to see I was having very high CPU load when locked.

I then found by turning off calendar in notification centre it fixed it for me.

3. JonLa macrumors 6502

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I had this happen to me when I first got my iPhone 4S...I had played Rage for a little while and hit the home button. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and it was really warm and it had drained about 30%...I went into the multitask tray and killed the Rage process and it cooled off and went back to normal battery use....so it seems some high CPU apps can persist in the background, even tho they aren't supposed to be able to.

----------

I seriously doubt its calendar stats....I always have mine running and I get a lot of notifications....with the latest update I am getting incredible battery life!

5. pman219 macrumors 6502a

pman219

This happened to me.
    I restored again as a new iPhone.
    Problem solved.
    Great battery life.

6. MacRum2011 macrumors regular

i've notice occasionally a bit of warmth in my pocket at times when the phone isn't in use.

7. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

I think (by default), the Location Services arrow is hidden.

On many devices with battery drain, a lot of times something is keeping location services active. If you don't see the arrow, you will have no idea why the battery is draining.

8. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I used "System Status"