iPhone 4S screen '3D'...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dazzer21, Mar 13, 2014.

1. dazzer21 macrumors 6502

That got your attention!! :)

Something I'd not seen until just now (upgrading my 4S to 7.1); when a window came up showing 'verify update', I started tipping my phone towards and away from me (as you do!) while looking at the screen and noticed that the window was 'in front' of the underlying background text, in that there was noticeable parallax between the two, making it look like the message box in front was about 1mm forward from the background text. Does the screen has 2 planes or am I just being stupid?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yes, parallax on the home screen and with popups was a major design change advertised with iOS 7.

3. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

iOS 7's UI is flat and has no faux-3D elements, in strict compliance with current design fashion.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Apple calls this "Parallax" it's just a little bit of software using the accelerometers on the phone.

5. dazzer21 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was expecting to be completely flamed, there! That's absolutely fascinating - I wasn't aware of it and its a great effect...

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

it is pretty cool, though it got old after 20 minutes.

7. Tar Sniffer macrumors 6502

The best parallax effect is in Safari. Press the lower right button so you can see all the windows that are open, then move your phone around. It's pretty cool with the subtle shadow that moves.

8. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I thought the green lantern destroyed parallax?