iPhone 4S Screen Defects?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SpookyMulder, Oct 14, 2011.

1. SpookyMulder macrumors newbie

So I was thrilled today when my iPhone 4S came but as soon as I turned it on, I noticed that the screen did not look as it should. It's sort of hard to describe but there seem to be crisscrossing lines in the pixels and at times it almost looks like there's a little bit of ghosting going on?

When I turn the phone on, the Apple logo itself looks mostly clear, but the black background around it has faint white lines running horizontally and vertically from the Apple logo.

It's very noticeable when I look at pictures in my camera roll and it's almost like have a phone with a lower resolution screen. I loved my iPhone 4's screen because of how clear everything was.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and do you think Apple will exchange the device?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Can you just relax and try to enjoy your phone. I look at my screen while looking for the complaints in you message and see none of these problems but I have a feeling that you eye must be way more critical.

3. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

Not every phone is perfect. I had a similar problem with my iPhone 4. Apple replaced it for me. My advice, if you're not happy take it back

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Some iPhone 4 displays have this artifact as well. If it's really noticeable, I would get it exchanged at the Apple Store.

5. SpookyMulder thread starter macrumors newbie

Umm...Excuse me? I paid $200 for this phone and you're telling me I should ignore a very apparent defect in my screen? I didn't go looking for a flaw, it was the very first thing I saw when I turned on the phone and it's quite obvious.

One of the greatest features of the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S is the Retina Display and if there's something wrong with it then I have the right to be upset about it.

Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure why, but it is extremely noticeable. Do you think the Apple Store will have replacement units on hand?

6. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Leave it overnight. I had the same issue but its sorted itself out after a few hours of use.