iPhone 4s screen protector - safe to keep the one on?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macbookpro45, Oct 15, 2011.

1. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm curiou if it's safe to keep the screen protector the phone comes with on the phone

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The prob is it doesnt have a cut where the ear speaker is so you wont be able to hear anyone.

3. macbookpro45 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I made a cut in there after realizing that haha. This screen protector is the best since it doesn't affect the quality of the retina display so I don't want to take it off.

Are there any screen protectors that dot affect the quality of the display?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I bought a bunch of them on ebay for like $1-2
    And no the screen protectors are clear so they wont effect the screen output.

5. gslrider macrumors 6502

gslrider

What is the name of the screen protectors you bought on ebay? I've tried a number of them on my old iP4, all clear, from the cheapies to the expensive, and they all diminished the quality of the retina display. The better/expensive ones not so much. For most, they probably wouldn't even notice, but I can still see the difference. And to me it does make a difference. I just don't put a screen protector on mine anymore. Although, it would give me peace of mind, even though the 4S screen is scratch proof/resistance.

6. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I'm also looking for a screen protector that is like what comes on the phone when it is new. I've used Zagg in the past but they are kinda thick. I like the look and feel of whatever it is that comes on the new phone. Anyone find anything like that?

7. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I found one at Best Buy that has the appearance and feel of what comes on the new phone. It's the rocketfish mobile iPhone 4 Screen Protector. The only problem is it is noticeably smaller than the screen, maybe 2 or 3 mm all the way around. Otherwise it looks nice and doesn't change the look of the retina display.

Actually, if you plan on using this screen protector with a case, it fits perfectly for the Incase Silder Case for iPhone. The screen protector is just small enough to not touch the case, which in my experience can sometimes cause the screen protector to peel at the edges.

8. hopplemot macrumors newbie

I just got mine from optishieldz and they are great protectors. They are having a sale right now on iPhone 4S Screen Protectors - 20% off their protectors

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It was almost a year and a half ago so Im not sure what kind it was.
    But Im not that anal, its a clear sceen protector and Im a little color blind anyway so I cant tell a difference:D