iPhone 4s screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by P51, Oct 14, 2011.

1. P51 macrumors regular

Will one made for a 4 work on a 4s or no?

I don't know if the sensors are moved, because I never owned a 4.

I was looking at the SGP Ultra Crystal

2. Felder71 macrumors member

3. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

I'm actually heading to Power Supply later to get a screen installed in a bit. Ive nothing but good things about them so I'm going to give it a shot.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

iPhone4 protectors work fine. First thing out of the box I put on a Steinheil UltraOleophobic on the front (package I bought for my iphone4 came with two, had one left). For the back I had extras from a set of cheap ebay static-cling protectors I had sitting around. Both fit fine.

5. hopplemot macrumors newbie

If you have a white iPhone 4S than I have heard of issues with the proximity sensor. Also, the side protectors are different if you want full body screen protectors. Other than that they are the same. I do know that optishieldz has them different for the iPhone 4S White versions to work with the proximity sensor!

6. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

I've seen the power support skins everywhere - apple store, walmart, target... no sense in mail order, having to wait, shipping costs, etc. and all 4 skins fit 4s

7. Headlighted macrumors member

I ordered a Power Support AG front and Crystal back last week from their website. When I installed them on my white 4S today I realized the screen protector now has a cut-out for the proximity sensor.

8. Foo4Everlong macrumors member

I bought two power supports when I got my iPhone 4, so I used the extra one to put on my new iPhone 4S.

On a side note, does anyone know a trick to pull off the screen protector without having to pull and scrape at the edges with your finger causing scratches or chips to the edges of your iPhone? I have a couple of bubbles/air pockets that I can't smooth out but if I pull up the protector just a bit I might be able to get them out. Can u use some sort of sticky adhesive to pull up the protector without doing damage to the iPhone itself? If anyone has any tricks they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much! Later

9. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Just stick two pieces of scotch tape on whichever end you want to lift. Make sure the other half of the pieces of tape are hanging off the phone so you can use them as tabs to lift.

10. LaazyEye macrumors regular

Scotch Tape.

edit: oops didn't refresh, now i look like a echoing jackass...

11. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

This is just my experience.
    Bought a power support hd anti-glare film about a week ago for the front of my 4S. Put it on, took a few tries but I eventually lined it up correctly. No bubbles, no dirt, nada. As soon as I really looked at the screen, it just looked awful. It looked blurry and it definitely is not smudge resistant. One smudge made the screen look even worse. I tried returning it, but of course they would not take it back since it had been used already. They offered to put on the second film themselves since they are "experts". The girl put it on my phone with a dirty microfiber cloth. She ran the backside of her pinky finger over the screen over and over before laying the film down. I was literally cringing the entire time. I felt bad telling her she was doing it wrong so I just told her it looked great. (The screen looked fine after-all. No bubbles or dirt.) Left the Apple store, and decided to give the film another chance. I got home and I couldn't take it anymore. I took off the second film and now I'm out 15 bucks. Not a big deal but I will never buy another film protector, since I imagine every one of them is going to make the screen look exactly the same. I did however buy a dock while I was at the store. :D

12. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

13. Guinnessfan macrumors newbie

Go with the crystal and not anti glare...it will look great but the downsize is the glare, which will be there without a protector anyway. I'm currently using invisible shield and I'm very happy with it, if you don't mind a rubbery feel...it's totally clear though.

14. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I have the Power Support Anti-Glare. Yes, you lose a bit of the crispness of the screen. But to me it's worth it to avoid the glare and fingerprints. Then again, I hate glossy screens on pretty much everything, so that's just me :)

15. big samm macrumors 65816

I went with bestskinsever!! I had ordered 2 full body protectors last year for my iphone 4. I had one left and used it on my 4s and it's fine!