iPhone 4S serious problem with internet need help please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3bs, Dec 1, 2011.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I had a problem with my first iPhone 4S where when I was at home and connected to wifi the internet on my phone seemed to work but when I left and was on 3G it wouldn't work and sometimes it would. The only way I could get it to work was to restart the phone. Turning on airplane mode then turning it off didn't work. I tried replacing sim and restoring to factory settings then restored from backup but that didn't help. So I called Apple and got a replacement today and set my new 4S as a new device completely and internet worked fine at the start. After putting my phone down for about an hour or two, I picked it up and the 3G sign was there and I had full bars but the internet just wouldn't work unless I restarted the phone. I thought it could be an issue with my wifi but it can't be that because I haven't connected to any wifi network yet since getting this new 4S earlier today. Not sure what to do. What are the chances that both iPhones I get have the same problem? Is it related to my carrier? I have full bars and this issue happened in several locations so it's probably not that. Anyone heard of this?

2. GoldMan macrumors member

GoldMan

I have the same issue, but my iphone like "time-outs" and if i retry it gets connection :/

3. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

What do you mean by times out?

4. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I was told to try restoring in DFU mode. I'll give that a try in a few days if the issue persists. Anyone have any other ideas?

5. cvkai macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. It shows the "3G", but can't access the internet (load pages, twitter, facebook, etc).
    If I restart the iPhone or reset network settings, it will work again.
    It happened twice. Turning Airplane mode on and off doesn't fix it.
    Any idea?

6. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I have no idea sorry. I got fed up and called up Apple and had them send me a replacement. Hasn't happened once on the replacement. It's very frustrating having to restart your phone. I suggest you either go to an Apple store near you or call them and get it replaced. Unless anyone else has a fix?