iPhone 4S - Seriously slow wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thewarsh, Nov 15, 2011.

1. thewarsh macrumors newbie

My new iPhone 4S is seriously slow at anything involving the internet. I originally thought it was a problem with my router, but I've now been logged in on multiple different networks, and compared the speed with my old Macbook Pro, and it's not even comparable. Websites don't load, apps don't download properly, etc. It's unusable.

The only thread on this had no intelligent responses, only flaming due to the use of the word "wifigate". However, I am having serious issues and I am now at the point of frustration. Can anyone assist, or is anyone having the same problems?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

All I can offer is:
    1. What you're seeing is not normal. My 4S easily achieves over 20Mbps down on Wifi, saturating my ISP connection.
    2. Since you have the same behavior on different wifi sources, the trouble is likely your phone rather than the more common cause of it being the router
    3. If you haven't done so, do a hard reset and see if it continues
    4. If you have done so, then best to call Apple as it seems you have a bad unit.

3. Brad02 macrumors regular

I also get 20Mbps consistently. Try running the speedtest.net app and see what your speeds your getting.

Attached Files: