iPhone 4S shipping/delivery status.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThetaSigma, Oct 7, 2011.

1. ThetaSigma macrumors regular

It might be a bit early for this but maybe we could use this to discuss the shipping/delivery process :) I had a look to see if there was already a thread like this.

I remember last year people were tracking UPS flights, and posting where their order was. I can't get onto the Apple site at the moment to check my order but the phones will be dispatched from China pretty soon right?

I hope my iPhone turns up a day early :D

2. blacka4 macrumors 6502

i am also hoping for this as well.....would be nice

3. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I hope it doesn't as I'm not at home Thursday, but for those that are I hope you get an early arrival.

4. rockos macrumors member

i just ordered mine. vzw says it will arrive by 10/14/2011

5. ThetaSigma thread starter macrumors regular

I still can't get onto to check my order, hmm.

I wonder when they will be dispatched. I think it might be Monday before we start seeing any activity on the tracking.

Yeah it would be :D This is only my second time buying from the online store (Just can't be bothered standing in the cold for hours on the morning of the 14th!), so I don't know how often peoples orders turn up early. Last year my iPad came a day early though! Fingers crossed! :D

Even if it does come on Thursday and you aren't there, they will come back on Friday :) You could even pick it up from the depot before they take it our for delivery, that's if you can of course :) Some people did that with iPads last year.

6. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I have to say, participating in the ipad2 shipping thread was very fun for me. We were all waiting for our ipads to get out of China. Some of us were worried about the shipping date because the shipping said they were still in china for a few days.

It was fun conversing with all the people here and sharing in our anticipation. I remember mine sat in China for days, and literally the night before, caught a flight to Tennessee and wound up at my door the next day.

Looks like most of us are going to get our iphones on October 14th, so there is not a lot of speculation, and I will be sad not to share in the drama with you guys this time around.

When I actually recieved the ipad, I was a little sad that the bonding of us reading shipping updates and complaining to each other online was gone. =)

7. iphoneIA macrumors regular

Even though I didn't order the IPhone 4S I love this thread. I was one of the Verizon people that ordered in February and it was like Christmas when I was 10 all over again. The checking of the website every hour and watching UPS status every 15 minutes at the end was gut wrenching.
    Congrats to all of you on your new phone. Enjoy it.

8. JBUGGY macrumors member

JBUGGY

SO excited!!! FINALLY upgrading!! :)
    3GS >> 4s!! :apple:

I had been waiting forEVER for wh iph4 (back when there was issues with the white iph). Wh finally came out...by then I said...forget it...I'll wait for iph5.

Then as we ALL know...no iph5....but after seeing the iph4S I decided it was a big enough upgrade for me and also don't wanna wait any longer! Been waiting 1.5yr already...geesh. :rolleyes:

Hubs and I stayed up late last night to order..as many others...kept getting errors...ughhhh....BUT FINALLY...FINALLY order went thru via Apple site.

Delivery date: Oct. 14!!!!!!! WooOOOo HOooOOO!!! :D
    (the wait begins!) haha!

9. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I hope it comes before noon on the 14th or on the 13th. I'm leaving to go on a short trip that afternoon. So I wouldn't get it until Saturday afternoon if it doesn't.

10. ticman macrumors regular

Fedex signature

Does fedex require an in person signature for iPhone or can one be left in the door with authorization to leave the phone?

11. fender57 macrumors 6502

If you leave a note on the door via an official form from the carrier (in years past both FedEx and UPS were utilized for the iPhone deliveries so you would have to wait for your delivery date info to know which carrier will be delivering), they will leave the iPhone on your porch or door. Without it, if you're not home they will not leave it on your porch, it does require a person to sign for it (not necessarily the person who ordered it, just someone at the residence needs to sign).

12. ThetaSigma thread starter macrumors regular

I think everyones being told October 14th at the moment but once they start moving the orders out of Shenzen (if that's where they are all coming from now) I think things will start to get interesting!

13. ticman macrumors regular

14. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I am thinking they might be in the USA and not being shipped from China. Time will tell.

15. kmanmx macrumors 6502

Oh god i remember that iPad 2 thread.. crazy stuff. But fun as heck :)
    My iPad 2 went all over america before the reseller i bought it off finally shipped it over to me in the UK, and i got it 6days before UK release!

This is going to be the slowest week ever.. but my order is already Processing.

Isn't there a possibility they could come from Brazil too ? i thought those leaked 4S pics were from the Brazil factory.

16. protobiont macrumors 6502a

17. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Hope so. Anyone know who Apple usually use in the UK for phone shipments?

18. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

We typically just write on a regular piece of paper for FedEx/UPS to leave the package and just sign that and they always leave it. They don't even take the paper.