iPhone 4S shortages in Houston, TX?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by klb028, Oct 20, 2011.

1. klb028 macrumors 6502

well, another question for you fine folks!

I know that iPhones are selling out left and right now and it's to be expected, but I'm just wondering if perhaps anyone else in Houston area has been able to locate an iPhone 4S recently. please let me know if you have! specifically, I have called a number of places (AT&T, Apple, Best Buy, Target, Sam's Club, Walmart) in the Katy and Sugar Land areas. according to ALL of the sales associates I've spoken with, there's not a single phone in sight! I'm looking for a 32GB white iPhone 4S.

should I stop calling around and just head to an Apple store this morning? I keep reading about people in other cities or states just walking into stores and leaving with a new iPhone 4S in hand. at this point, most of the stores won't even answer the phone anymore!

2. xanderla25 macrumors newbie

I was able to make a reservation for white 32 at&t model at Memorial City.
    You have to do the reservation after 9pm on Apple's website.

3. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

seriously?! I checked there a couple of days ago... it wasn't available! :( what day did you reserve yours on?

4. xanderla25 macrumors newbie

last night
    i started trying around 8:50pm. It came up a few mintues before 9pm. I reserved it and by 9 it was listed as unavailable.
    So I would just try again tonight shortly before 9pm.

5. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. madridista59 macrumors regular

att store on main and mckinney here downtown will get a shipment late today or sometime tomorrow. my co-worker has been in touch with the store manager since launch so he can trade in his 4 (under 30 days) for 4S.

and when was the last time you checked out the apple store at first colony?

7. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

on my way to FC now! do they have any there?

8. madridista59 macrumors regular

well by the time you check this you will have already found your answer. but i was there sunday picking up an ipod and i recall seeing a gentleman being handed a 4S. good luck!

9. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

^ I went by First Colony at 11:20 AM on a complete whim after seeing your post, AND I GOT ONE!

they had some white 16GBs and 64GBs in stock! I really wanted a 32GB but went with 16GB and took it as a sign. hope I don't regret it!

10. willsoriano macrumors member

I'm in Webster and have a 16gb white that I preordered and dont need because I ended buying a 64 for sale. $700.

AT&T btw

11. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

just in case people are curious:

when I picked up my iPhone 4S yesterday, the sales associate told me they had received only white phones that day. the day before that (Wednesday) they had received only black ones. it seems to me like they really do get shipments in every day! my friend waited until 3:30 PM yesterday to try her luck at getting a white 16GB iPhone 4S and they had JUST sold out. I purchased mine around 11:20 AM.

definitely go to any Apple store between opening and noon!

12. iprime macrumors member

That's weird. I kept trying to reserve from 8:50 to 9 pm and all phones weren't available. I thought maybe the new reservation hasn't started. At 9:00 , I couldn't connect to the website and at 9:02, AT&T 16 and 32 GB phones were sold out :( I live 2mins away from Memorial city. I quickly reserved two 16 gb ATT black phones at Galleria.

Wanted a 32Gb myself but soon after registering 16 Gb phones, 32 gb ATT were sold out. I am gonna try my luck at Galleria to see if I could get two more phones since I am getting a 4 line family plan.