iPhone iPhone 4S, should I update to 6.1.3, will public jailbreak be available ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rak007, Sep 4, 2013.

1. rak007 macrumors 6502a

I recently saw news on idownloadblog about jailbreak being there for iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.3. The jailbreak is not ready for public but it is possible it seems.
    Now I am jailbroken on ios 5.1.1 and I missed the update train and will miss again once iOS 7 is out.
    People who are more well versed with jailbreaks can you tell whether there is possibility of a public utility to jailbreak 6.1.3 being available ?and whether I should update to this ?
    Or wait for iOS 7 to be jailbroken and then update directly to that ?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It is my understanding that only certain devices can be jailbroken at 6.1.3 and that the JB for that is tethered. I don't know if your device is one of those and I have no idea where you would find the tethered JB.

My advice would be to wait for iOS 7 to be jailbroken. You've waited this long…

3. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

4. rak007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I'm quite certain the 6.1.3 jailbreak will be out after iOS 7 is released to the public so your best bet is to stay jailbroken and update when iOS 7 is jailbroken

7. rak007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Probably i will wait for iOS 7 to be jailbroken. Cannot risk losing jailbreak, have got so used to it, cannot imagine using a stock iPhone.

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

That is the same site that branded the unthreaded rubish untether as real, later they edited their story as it was proved it was a repackaged evasi0n ripoff.

@planetbeing already said they would backport a iOS 7 JB to 6.1.3/6.1.4

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Did you read the article ?

There is some serious question if this will ever happen.

Copy/paste from article:

With that being said, the verdict is still out as to whether this will result in an actual release that everyone can take advantage of. Although winocm seems bent on accomplishing just that, releasing a working jailbreak to the masses isn’t exactly a cakewalk.

That considered, although I sat and watch as my normal boring iPhone 4S was transformed into one capable of running themes, tweaks, and jailbreak apps, I have to be honest and say that I’m still a bit skeptical about whether or not this thing will ever see the light of day.

Even @winocm has tweeted the same info