iPhone 4S shutting off by itself...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oghowie, Nov 6, 2011.

1. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

I've had the iPhone 4S since launch but during the past week it has shut down 3 times just by itself. All 3 times the only way I can get it to boot again is by holding down the power and home button. The power button does nothing at all and plugging it into a power outlet or my mba does nothing. Every time it boots back up it shows that the battery is not empty or even in red, so that's definitely not the issue.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

2. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

3. steveing64 macrumors 6502

Hi

Same thing happened to me last monday then again this morning i will be getting on the phone to apple later today they have already replaced the phone once due to the battery daring with in 5 hours ever day not very impressed at all

have done all the restore etc :mad:

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Make an appointment at the apple store and get it replaced

5. steveing64 macrumors 6502

Well been the store and have replaced the phone hopefully this one will be ok this is my third in three weeks :rolleyes:

6. smr macrumors 6502a

+1

Mine did this twice in the first week I had it. I contacted Apple and they said I should restore it. I did, and set it up as a new phone (rather than from a backup). That was 3 weeks ago, and the problem has not happened again. Battery life also improved after the restore, so well worth trying.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I had this happen, exactly as the OP described, but on an iPhone 4. I don't think the 4S hardware is the problem.

Near as I can tell, there was an app that hung things up, or it might have been an OS thing. It only happened to me once tough, and not at all since getting my 4S.