iPhone 4s Signal/Battery Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by baconroll, Feb 11, 2012.

1. baconroll macrumors member

Hi - I've had my new iPhone 4s for 5 days. I've noticed that when it's in my pocket and I take it out, it takes ages to lock onto my network, and I have to wait at least 3 or 4 mins for it to locate a signal. I'm with Orange in the UK. Also, the battery is pretty dire. I've hardly used the phone during the day and in the evening it's down to below 50%. I've turned off wi-fi during the day also as I can't get it where I work. I wondering whether to return it before the 14 days and swap it out for another one incase it's faulty. Any suggestions about the Signal issue?
    Thanks,

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

It shouldn't need to lock onto the network after you take it out of your pocket. It should always be connected to the network while it's in your pocket. Might be worth a trip to your local apple store (if your lucky enough to have one in your area).

3. baconroll thread starter macrumors member

Thanks - that's what I was thinking. Every other phone I've had, including iPhones have never done this before. Always had a signal when I remove from my pocket. I think I'll take it back and get it changed over. I've tried restore etc. but no difference.

4. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Yeah, if it's searching for a signal all day it'll chew up your battery in no time.
    Sounds like you need either a new SIM or a new phone.