iPhone 4S Sim Card Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DawsonWebb, Sep 24, 2014.

1. DawsonWebb macrumors newbie

A friend of mine recently let me have his Verizon iPhone 4s. I currently am using a Verizon Galaxy S4. I want to be able to use my Sim card from my S4 into my new 4S. The problem is that everytime I put my sim card in from my S4 into the 4S it says that "the Sim card is not the same carrier as it was originally meant for." I think the problem is that it's a 4G LTE card but it still dosent make sense because it can get 3G. Please help me!

2. DawsonWebb thread starter macrumors newbie

3. supermarkt macrumors newbie

is the 4S unlocked to work with all carriers?

4. DawsonWebb thread starter macrumors newbie

No should it be? I thought that if it's on the same network it should be fine.

5. supermarkt macrumors newbie

yea it should be fine. i would just take it into one of your carrier's stores.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

the verizon 4S SIM card is for international roaming ONLY. it isnt required for domestic verizon use. i dont believe the 4S even requires the SIM at all. your galaxy SIM is required in verizons LTE devices and i think will only work in LTE devices.

you will likely need to add the ESN of the 4S onto your account manually to make it work or use an older, non LTE SIM. bottom line is the 4S will make a poor backup device if you currently use an LTE enabled phone with corresponding SIM. an iphone 5 or higher will alleviate this issue. youre kind of in a square peg, round hole scenario.

oh and youre seeing "3G" because any verizon device will "see" the network whether active or not and show 3G even thought the phone wont work. GSM devices wont do this and will give you a SIM error or no service.

7. DawsonWebb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! It made this a lot clearer!