iphone 4s singapore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jeopardy23, Aug 10, 2012.

1. jeopardy23 macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4s bought in the US and I am trying to get it unlocked so that I can use it in Singapore. The person who sold me the phone replaced the sim card slot with a gevy slot. When I insert a singtel sim a message pops up "Only compatible sim cards from a supported carrier maybe used to activate iphone" I restored the phone via itunes and currently stuck with the language selection screen. When I go ahead trying to activate the same message pops up. I do not have the parent sim or att sim which I used when I was in USA. I have another iphone under contract in the US but I bought this from a 3rd party and was not able to get it unlocked via att.If the OP or anyone else guide me as to how to unlock my phone that would be very helpful.

PS- can anyone confirm that unlocking does not void my apple care plan.

2. kokhean macrumors regular

The only way you can get an unlock is either an official AT&T unlock or unofficial methods like GEVEY™ SIM. Unfortunely, after I found a tutorial online on how to use the GEVEY™ SIM unlock, it seems that you do need the phone to turn on in the first place. I suggest you trade your carrier locked phone with an unlocked one with someone that you trust.

3. jeopardy23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Why would you want me to exchange my phone when I can just use the gevey sim to get it unlocked. Actually I have the gevey tray instead of the sim tray given my apple. But the gevey sim tray that I have is just a metal casing with no sim or additional material(just the empty metal case). Is this an old model GEVEY? Anyways my iphone is stuck in a unique situation that I tried restoring it with the new sim and I cant activate it. In other words I am stuck at the language selection screen. Do you think the Gevey still would work for me?

PS-can you tell me where I can buy the GEVEY sim, I live in singapore and need to get it shipped to me

4. jeopardy23 thread starter macrumors newbie

While I appreciate your two word answer, can you please also confirm few of my doubts from the previous post.

Thank you.

PS- Can i still use gevey even if I am at the very first stage of activating my phone(language selection screen)

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

A 4S requires a sim card for activation

The person from whom you bought the phone probably lost the original sim tray and that is why you have the Gevey sim tray.
    There is a sim interposer that fits inside the special Gevey sim tray.

You cannot use Gevey other than as a sim tray since you do not have the entire assembly.

My advice to you, if you have Gevey related questions, go to the source, which I gave you. It will answer all the Gevey related questions you might have.

I'm done here, good luck !

6. Botan71 macrumors newbie

Dear All,
    I hv encountered my iphone4 once a while hang & totally blackout. Try to reboot by pressing those buttons but no respond.
    Always hv to wait till run out of battery then the phone will auto shut down.
    Can anybody know how to solve this problem especially I can reboot it immediately instead of wAit almost 1 days plus till run out of battery.
    HELP!!!

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Don't you think you should make your own thread on this instead of hi-jacking a thread about activating a 4S ?

Attached Files: