Iphone 4S SIRI BUG?? 4S users PLEASE test this! (especially if you are Canadian)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ohryan, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ohryan macrumors newbie

So I got an Iphone 4S the other day and I was playing with Siri and discovered something really weird. I am located in Canada, so none of Siri location services are available (at the moment), so you would assume it wouldn't know my location or anything right...
    If I ask it my location, it doesn't know it (I haven't entered any information) and asks me to put it in my info. And if i ask if it knows my address, it responds with "I'm afraid I can't answer that" or "It could be possible" (which is pretty creepy lol)
    but anyways, if i ask it "What time is it in been watching" (it misinterpreted a past question), it will respond with "I'm sorry, I do not know what time it is in (insert your address here)" I haven't tested it in another location so I don't know if it is talking about my home address from some outside source or current location (I discovered this at home) but is it possible that it got my address from my apple account? Cause I'm signed into the app store, so maybe it got my info from there? But if thats true, why doesn't it know who I am when I ask my name or location.

Please any IPHONE 4S users, test this out and let me know what response you get. It freaked me out when I saw my address just pop up like that in a misinterpreted question (I was asking what time it was in Vanuatu). Whats going on, how does it know where I am/live and why does it LIE to me when I asked it directly what my location is???

2. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I have my iPhone 4S right next to me but I can't understand your Q.

What do you want us to ask?

3. ohryan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ask it

"What time is it in been watching"

----------

And make sure that is what it hears

4. DerekTS macrumors regular

This is old news now. Apple has said that the location based services are US only.

5. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

How is this a bug? That's some pretty ****ed up English.

6. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Siri says "It's 11:20PM".

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Do you have your home address in your address book ? If so. That's where Siri got it.

8. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

That doesn't even make sense to us, how is Siri supposed to interpret that?

9. ohryan thread starter macrumors newbie

You are not understanding what I'm saying, I know the location services are US only...but Siri somehow knows where I am and I am living in Canada because of the response it gives to "What time is it in been watching"...but if I ask it directly "What is my location" it will say it doesn't know

Yes it is ****ed up english, but that is what Siri heard when I asked "What time is it in Vanuatu". How "What time is it in been watching" relates to showing my home address is beyond me...

10. neworleans-7 macrumors regular

neworleans-7

This is what I got...

[​IMG]

Didn't get my address or anything...

11. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

12. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

I still don't get what you are trying to ask it...

What is "Been watching"

13. ohryan thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, I don't have any of my information on my phone. I haven't entered it in my address book and when Siri asks me to enter my info my name isn't on the contacts list.

I know it doesn't make sense but it somehow makes Siri respond with your home address which i guess isn't a big deal for US users because location services are available and you knew what info you were letting your phone know...but I haven't inputted any information and I am in Canada....

14. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Iphone 4S SIRI BUG?? 4S users PLEASE SEARCH this BEFORE posting! (especially if you are Canadian)

15. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

16. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

You should be asking that to your English grade school teacher, not Siri.

17. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Here's mine...

Attached Files:

18. ohryan thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, that is so weird...thank you so much for doing that. Maybe its just my phone hahahha...but here are some pictures so you can see what I am talking about....The blacked out area is my address.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ohryan thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry that didnt work... here are the pictures

lol whyyyy do people make these kind of remarks when they don't even understand what the post is about or before they have read everything

Attached Files:

20. ohryan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for posting a picture! I guess it is just my phone?

21. BigRingIt macrumors member

I know what you are talking about and I am also in Canada. Yesterday I was asking a bunch of random questions to see what sort of response Siri would give, and one of the questions I asked was "what time is it?". It responded with an answer that included the name of the street I live on "sorry I don't know what time it is in (name of street and range of house numbers). I was a little surprised as to why it was able to know that given it isn't suppose to know. This made me very hopeful that Canadian address will be available very soon.

Screw the "...been watching" part. Just ask it "what time is it?" it will give you the answer with your near by street name

22. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

And it gives you the gps location outside us and tells you it does not know time there. The phone knows your address from gps it is not a trick

23. moargolems macrumors regular

Siri doesn't understand a **** you're saying so it simply just reads the same time you have in your status bar. How is that a bug?

And I still don't know what is 'been watching'.

24. Elen macrumors newbie

Siri does seem inconsistent

I have noticed the same problem than ohryan seems to be referring to. I live in northern Europe, so the directions service is not available. If I ask siri "What time is it" it answers "I have no idea what time it is in *my current address*. Sorry about that". The same problem occurs with asking the current date.

So Siri definately knows my current location (I have tried this in several places), but just can't tell the time or date, which seems stupid, since that info could be acquired easily from the time and date settings. I could forgive the fact that it wouldn't be able to know the current time if I travel abroad, but it's just stupid that it can't say at least the system time and date.

If i ask "where am I now" it says "Sorry, I can't provide maps and directions in your country"

Thats just weird. I should probably just ask about date or time when I want to know the current location.

25. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

I get this in the UK. When I'm at home, I can ask "What time is it" and Siri just gives me the time.

When I'm at work, it says something like "I'm sorry, I have no idea what time it is at 7-10 Nowhere Street, somewhere (for example)".

the address changes depending on my whereabouts so I think it's getting it from GPS co-ords.