Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Is anyone finding that the iPhone 4s is getting slower and slower after each update?
Mine has been. It's now choking on lots of websites and the Facebook app. Heats up lots too and losing lots of battery quickly.... Sort of how the iPhone 4 was so fast upon launch but by iOS 5, it's a slugger!

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Not mine - actually has been working better in the last few weeks. (and just as I was prepared to leave AT&T for T-Mobile). I'll be staying put probably with AT&T once the 5S is released (probably). But where I am in Washington DC, I've noticed performance improvements. You might close all the apps, reboot the phone, check if it's checking for a signal, if there's a particular app it's getting stuck with spinning gears. Also check with your carrier to see if there have been any tower or whatever problems in your area.

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Is anyone finding that the iPhone 4s is getting slower and slower after each update?
Mine has been. It's now choking on lots of websites and the Facebook app. Heats up lots too and losing lots of battery quickly.... Sort of how the iPhone 4 was so fast upon launch but by iOS 5, it's a slugger!

The latest Facebook is slowing down even my iPhone 5,just completely freezes sometimes.

My friend has a 4S its pretty much as fast as my 5 most of the time,like a 2/3s delay on some heavier things so maybe you should restore your phone.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
In the Facebook app, go into the account settings section to make adjustments. This may help a lot with speed as well as preserving the battery.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Mine was but then I plugged it into my computer and realized I had 540 MB free out of 32 GB. I unloaded 2,000 photos, deleted all, re-imported ones I thought I wanted to keep on the phone, and it is running a heck of a lot better. I haven't done the most recent update though.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Mine is getting rather slow. Just things here and there lagging, freezing up. Its not fun. I do need to clear some pictures off the phone. But i've deleted a ton of apps in the past 2 weeks as i'm about to get rid of the phone and its still having issues.

Will be glad to be rid of this phone.

Giorgi

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2012
I've had this same problem in the past on my iPhone 4. When my remaining free space on the device was less than 15% (might have actually been less than 10%), it would lag majorly when doing just about anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.