iPhone 4S slow

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by teknikal90, Apr 28, 2013.

1. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Is anyone finding that the iPhone 4s is getting slower and slower after each update?
    Mine has been. It's now choking on lots of websites and the Facebook app. Heats up lots too and losing lots of battery quickly.... Sort of how the iPhone 4 was so fast upon launch but by iOS 5, it's a slugger!

2. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Not mine - actually has been working better in the last few weeks. (and just as I was prepared to leave AT&T for T-Mobile). I'll be staying put probably with AT&T once the 5S is released (probably). But where I am in Washington DC, I've noticed performance improvements. You might close all the apps, reboot the phone, check if it's checking for a signal, if there's a particular app it's getting stuck with spinning gears. Also check with your carrier to see if there have been any tower or whatever problems in your area.

3. DMH3006 macrumors regular

The latest Facebook is slowing down even my iPhone 5,just completely freezes sometimes.

My friend has a 4S its pretty much as fast as my 5 most of the time,like a 2/3s delay on some heavier things so maybe you should restore your phone.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

My 4S is just as fast as the day I bought it back in January.

5. clauzzz203 macrumors regular

6. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

In the Facebook app, go into the account settings section to make adjustments. This may help a lot with speed as well as preserving the battery.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Mine was but then I plugged it into my computer and realized I had 540 MB free out of 32 GB. I unloaded 2,000 photos, deleted all, re-imported ones I thought I wanted to keep on the phone, and it is running a heck of a lot better. I haven't done the most recent update though.

8. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Mine is getting rather slow. Just things here and there lagging, freezing up. Its not fun. I do need to clear some pictures off the phone. But i've deleted a ton of apps in the past 2 weeks as i'm about to get rid of the phone and its still having issues.

Will be glad to be rid of this phone.

9. DesertEagle macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

Strange. Even my iPhone 4 got faster at the last update.

10. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I think iOS 6.1.3 is great. Ran fast on my 3GS. Runs amazingly well on my 5.

11. Giorgi macrumors newbie

I've had this same problem in the past on my iPhone 4. When my remaining free space on the device was less than 15% (might have actually been less than 10%), it would lag majorly when doing just about anything.