Iphone 4s sms failing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by abz1981, Apr 1, 2012.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Hi all
    Tried to do a search but couldn't find the answer. Does anyone else have the problem on the iPhone 4S when you try send a sms sometimes it does not send, and you have to try and re-send the sms. I find that sometimes to resolve the issue. I have to switch 3g off and on or switch air plane mode on and off to resolve issue. This has happened on 2 iPhone 4s I have owned.

2. Selmir macrumors member

Selmir

I recognize this problem. For a week ago I had same problem, the phone simply didn't send any sms. Luckly, I had real phone at my work so I phoned the support of my swedish operator and they (TeliaSonera AB) said that they had shut everything off due some maintance on the road in that area.

It works everywhere but not there where they still work (I think my town is getting 4G LTE now so that's the reason).

But can you make any calls? Or it's standing "No service" from time to time? Otherwise I'm affraid that you can't do much about it, only your operator maybe can find a solution/answer.

3. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

HI I can make calls etc. It does only seem to happy 99% of the time when I am in my house though. I don't have full 3g signal at home. I don't know maybe that might be the problem.

4. Selmir macrumors member

Selmir

I can assure you that I and probably others have that too. Nothing wrong with your phone. In Gothenburg, Swedish second largest city after Stockholm, I have these issues too. My operator said that there are some blind spots in some areas and that no one can avoid them.

My phone shows then another icon instead of "3G", it shows "E". Sometimes I can use the net even with only Edge on sometimes not. I had same problem with my old phone, HTC Desire.

In my brothers home I can't have 3G at all but I can have it in mine. Also our grocery stores (some offers free Wi-Fi because of this).