iPhone 4S sometimes will not connect a call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JOHNGAETANO, Oct 20, 2011.

1. JOHNGAETANO macrumors 6502

JOHNGAETANO

I am looking for some help. I have have all the iPhones, and never had any issues with connections, etc.. My new 4S has had the following issue:

It seems likes everyday, 4 to 5 times a day, when I place a call to any contact (this happens to any contact, not the same one), the iPhone shows "calling...", and then when it connects and the timer pop ups I cannot hear anyone.

I noticed today when I quickly switch to speaker I can hear the person. Yes, my volume is up. I don't have other speaker issues, and I don't have this problem all the time. It's random.

Any help is appreciated.

JOHN

2. dmo1028 macrumors newbie

You are not alone because I'm having the same issue! Happens at least once a day. Usually I just end the call and make the call again and it works fine. Next time I will try switching to the speaker to see if I can hear the caller.

Not sure what is going on, but it is annoying for sure. I have the 16gb and service with Verizon.

3. maqsur macrumors newbie

I had this issue as well (4s, verizon). I took it to Apple store and got it replaced - now no issues. This has been reported on several forums.

4. JOHNGAETANO thread starter macrumors 6502

JOHNGAETANO

Update: I went to my local Apple Store yesterday. They wanted me to dupicate my problem and show them. Which only took me 3 calls, and boom I couldn't hear from my headset. They quickly replaced my iPhone 4S with no other questions asked.

Now my 4S is perfect!!