iPhone 4S Sound Drops

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bodycalming, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Bodycalming macrumors member

Bodycalming

Have any of you experienced a sound drop on your iPhone 4S? On my iPhone I could be on a call or listening to some music, then all of a sudden the sound volume drops to almost zero, then anytime after the sound shoots up to 100% quite painful if you have the phone to your ear at the time!:mad:

Yes I also have an issue with the battery:mad:

2. j4bles macrumors member

I've noticed that if I use Siri when I'm in the middle of a game or doing anything else involving sound, when it returns to the game, it's max volume and then a few seconds later the volume returns to normal levels.

Not sure if this is what you're experiencing, but I'd like to know I'm not the only one.

3. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

There were several threads here about Siri changing the volume on the phone. It changes briefly, then goes back to normal. Try doing a search for them if you want more info.

4. Bodycalming thread starter macrumors member

Bodycalming

Returned my iPhone yesterday to the Apple Store Lakeside, because of the sound drop and battery issue, I was in and out of the store within 20 minutes with new iPhone in hand:). See how this one goes!:rolleyes:

5. Xodd macrumors regular

Oh really?! I booked my genius bar session on monday. I'm having the exact same issue as you. Did you get a brand new iphone or a refurb one?

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I don't think there are refurbs yet.

7. Bodycalming thread starter macrumors member

Bodycalming

I did ask the "Genius" if it was a refurb to that, "Andy" replied, it is a new iPhone 4S there are no refurbs available yet! I said good otherwise I will have a full refund. My old iPhone 4S was built in week 40 new Phone build week was 41. See this link for your iPhone build.

http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html