iPhone 4S sound problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AnnaVWB, Feb 18, 2012.

1. AnnaVWB macrumors newbie

I saw a few posts about sound problems but nothing seems to be matching my trouble...
    My iPhone was reset to factory settings today and I've been having some sound problems:

When going to settings - sounds:
    I can browse through my ringtones and I CAN hear them
    When I browse thru tonnes, such as sms, mail etc. I CANNOT hear them, I can still set a tone of my choice though

When receiving a phone call, email or text msg the sound is fine.

I can hear the sound of unlocking and locking the phone, but I can't hear the clicking sound of entering the passcode (please note, my sound settings are CORRECT)

When sending a text message or receiving a text while still being in the conversation window, both sounds are VERY QUIET even though the volume is on full.

When playing music and videos the sound is fine but it is slightly distorted, also when choosing a song to play, the first one or two seconds of the song stutter!

I haven't had any issues with my phone before, I've only had it for a month... it's all very strange :(

2. normanbates macrumors regular

Try factory reset again to see if that fixes the problem. If not book an appointment with Apple Genius