Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lampardispoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
Hi there,

Yesterday night I accidentally dropped my phone in the toilet, I managed to get it out within about 2 seconds and I was really panicking so I just dried the phone and put it in a bag of rice over night.

This morning I woke up and checked the phone and everything seemed to be in order other than a really annoying issue that I cannot solve. I checked the bottom of my phone to see that the red indicator had gone off:( but also when I tried to play music there was no volume bar, as if the phone thinks it is in a dock. I have tried all of today to solve this (e.g using cotton buds, a pin to get the crap out of it) but I am having no luck and I am still having the same problem.

I am getting really scared as I don't want my phone to be broken as it is only about 3 months old and my mum will go mental if I have to tell her. Is there anything that I can do and is there any point in me taking it to the apple shop?

If you need any more details to help me, please post below.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.