Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

friborgcr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
My iPhone accidentally dropped into a plate of shallow water, the bottom half first. So the speakers and dock got soaked. Thankfully I moved fast enough that it didn't stay in the water for longer than maybe 5 seconds.

There isn't any problem with my phone's screen or whatnot, the only thing is, the external speakers aren't working anymore. Music, sounds from apps, you can't hear it from the external. But it works fine through earphones. The ringing alerts work as well.

What's weird is that when you try adjusting the volume with the rocker, the bell thing pops up but the bars doesn't show.

What should I do to get it working again?

Prawnstar69

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2012
My iPhone accidentally dropped into a plate of shallow water, the bottom half first. So the speakers and dock got soaked. Thankfully I moved fast enough that it didn't stay in the water for longer than maybe 5 seconds.

There isn't any problem with my phone's screen or whatnot, the only thing is, the external speakers aren't working anymore. Music, sounds from apps, you can't hear it from the external. But it works fine through earphones. The ringing alerts work as well.

What's weird is that when you try adjusting the volume with the rocker, the bell thing pops up but the bars doesn't show.

What should I do to get it working again?
Bury ur iphone! in rice! if that dosent help take it to apple!

Vitrum

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2012
My friend when you press the numbers key do they "click" ? If not confirm that the phone is not stuck on headphone mode :D it happend to my father one time; if thats the case you have to suck hard on the hp jack or plug-unplug several times.

friborgcr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Bury ur iphone! in rice! if that dosent help take it to apple!

How long should I bury it for?

----------

My friend when you press the numbers key do they "click" ? If not confirm that the phone is not stuck on headphone mode :D it happend to my father one time; if thats the case you have to suck hard on the hp jack or plug-unplug several times.

Yes, the keyboards make the sound. As well as when you press the sleep/wake button.

How do I know if it's stuck on headphone mode? I tried the plug/unplug already but it doesn't seem to work as well.

Vitrum

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2012
If the keypad (phone app) makes sound its not stuck on headphone mode; to tell if stuck when you hit the volume rockers it will state headphones.

But i think these is not the problem you are having.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.