Iphone 4s speed on ios7 jailbreak vs ios8 no jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jw74, Jun 11, 2015.

1. jw74 macrumors member

I want to update to iOS 8, but haven't because I've read that it slows down the 4s.
    Since I wouldn't need apps like bite sms in iOS 8, I wouldn't need to jailbreak.
    Does the jailbreak on iOS 7 slow it down? Will I notice a difference if I update to iOS 8 with no jailbreak?

2. eyoungren, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, I can't speak to that because I don't own a 4s, but so I have heard.
    Trust me. You'll miss BiteSMS. The stock Messages app can't compete although Apple has copied some of Bite's features. Emphasis on the word "copied" - as in similar not identical. And not in a good way.
    Hmmm…I noticed that stock iOS 8 was slower on my iPhone 5 compared to my jailbreak on iOS 7.1.2.

Jailbreaks only slow you down if you're installing a bunch of stuff with no regard for compatibility or conflicts with other tweaks.

3. iRetired, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015

iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

"I want to update to iOS 8, but haven't because I've read that it slows down the 4s."

Yes. Quite so. Don't upgrade. My 4S is almost unusable except for the camera and the music player. I don't use it as a daily driver anymore. IMHO, I never should have upgraded beyond iOS6.

I run a minimum of tweaks, like eclipse 2 and nextgenui5 - so I can totally modify the look of my device.