Iphone 4s sticky unlock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Iphonedai, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Iphonedai macrumors member

My iphone 4s has a 25% chance everytime i am at the lock screen and trying to unlock, to not being able to slide the bar. It gets quite annoying because i have to do a hard restart everytime this happens. It is my work iphone too so there is minimal resources loaded on it. Any tips?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd try a restore and setup as new to see if its a software bug.
    Test it out for a few days and if it still does it once restored and setup as a new phone then its probably a hardware issue.
    But my guess is most likely a software issue.

3. mojito macrumors member

^ What he said. I had this issue with my 3GS and it annoyed the hell out of me for months and months. It made no sense or rhyme or reason. Eventually the thing crapped out and I upgraded, but someone told me afterwards that a restore helped them before with similar interface issues. I don't have the problem with my 4S whatsoever (thank god).

Are you sure you have to hard restart? When mine messes up, I just hit the top power button to blank the screen and then the home button and it usually worked that very next time.

4. Iphonedai thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try. yes i tried the power off (to lock screen anyways) and restore, and that does not work for me..