iPhone 4S Still available at Apple stores!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomamon, Oct 15, 2011.

1. thomamon macrumors 65816

thomamon

My friend had called me and told me he was going to the Apple Store today to get a new iPhone. I laughed at him and told him he would never get one...

An hour later I got a call from him. Both he and his girlfriend had just picked up two 32GB White devices. The only ones they were out of were the 16GB. (He told me that was what he wanted which puzzled me. Why would you not want the most space you can get? So he went with the 32 instead.)

Anyway, if you are looking for the 4S and didn't get it at launch or pre-order, it is worth checking out your local Apple Store.

This was in Jersey btw...

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

16GB is the cheapest which is why it's the most popular along with the 64GB. People will buy the cheaper one because of the savings of $100-$200.

3. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

16GB is more than enough for 75% of people. It's only 8GB that constricts some people but 16GB is the perfect capacity. Unless the person uses 1080p recording a lot, 32GB and over isn't necessary.

4. supervelous macrumors 6502

yeah, in CT I went to the Apple Store around 5pm today, the line for Iphone was only around 10-15 people long, and I asked about the stock, they said they had everything except Sprint 16GB. I never thought they'd still have them in stock, they didn't with the Iphone 4 last year.

Almost picked one up, but my upgrade date is 11/24, and I have an Iphone 4 jailbroken so I held off

5. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

So the phones for the three brands are different? I can't just switch and use my phone on Verizon if I wanted to break my contract with AT&T?

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

And this is news to you? Wow. Ummm, no, you just can't switch. They lock their phones to "encourage" you to stay. Not to mention the different network technologies despite them being world phones...