iphone 4S stuck at 99% charge

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Roofy., Oct 19, 2011.

1. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

exactly what the title says. No matter what I do changes it. The stupid thing keeps getting hung up at either 96,97, or 99% every time I charge the damn thing. It'll be stuck at either 95/97% for 10 minutes and then ill unplug it and turn it off and turn it back on (usually does the trick to make it read 100) and it will only go to 99%. Ive even let the battery drain to below 90% and recharged it and its still stuck.

this is annoying.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Mine did the same today.
    It only went up to 97%.
    Weird but no big deal.

3. Roofy. thread starter macrumors 6502a

doing that now. except its forcing me to download ios5 onto my mac!

I ALREADY downloaded ios5 onto my mac when I updated my iPad. not to mention the 4S COMES WITH iOS5! stupid

4. djuzi05 macrumors regular

Umm yeah because there's a different iOS5 restore file for every iProduct

5. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

6. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Macbooks do this exact thing... it never charges fully to 100% unless you re-calibrate the battery.
    However, my iphone 4 never did this.

7. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

isn't this part of the trickly charge where it takes 2 hrs to top off and go from 80% to 100?

8. SomeonePlzHelp macrumors regular

Yeah this;.......................................VVV...........
    [​IMG]

9. Roofy. thread starter macrumors 6502a

woooow. I just restored it and lost all of my apps AGAIN. isn't THE WHOLE POINT OF A BACKUP TO RESTORE ALL OF THE STUFF THAT WAS ON YOUR IPHONE PREVIOUSLY?

It did this with my iPad and now my iPhone. what the ****. this never happened to me when I got a replacement iPhone 4 and set up the new one from a previous backup.

I think its this BS iCloud crap. I don't want to have to manually redownload the apps on my phone I want them back on my device from the backup in the first place. apple is so ****ing dumb with things sometimes.

10. SomeonePlzHelp macrumors regular

Maybe if you nerd-rage like a fat little ginger kid a little harder it will fix everything.

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Did you let it finish syncing everything (including music and video) or did you interrupt it any point? It should take a few hours, how long did it take on your phone?

12. Roofy. thread starter macrumors 6502a

maybe. ill try harder next time

13. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

iCloud backup DOES restore all your apps and even puts them in the same place on your iPhone.

I bought the 4S at the Apple store (and my 4 already had iCloud). As soon as I logged in and chose to restore from iCloud backup, it downloaded all the apps and everything back into place.

Just make sure that you are backing up to iCloud and not to the computer. By default, I believe, the phone backups are stored on iTunes. You have to change the option to use iCloud backup.

14. mastercheif91 macrumors regular

My Macbook and my iPhone both do this on occasion. Nothing to worry about, just use the device as normal and next time you charge it you should hit 100%. I find it happens more often if I recharge my device when it is still above 90%.

Relax! :D

15. Roofy. thread starter macrumors 6502a

wow really? So basically apple is forcing you to use iCloud. I backed both devices to my computer and thats why it wouldn't restore my apps.

I don't want to back up to iCloud. its confusing and a pain in the ass. every time I try backing up my iPad to iCloud from the device itself it won't work and hangs up. then when I plug it into iTunes and its set to "backup to iCloud" it doesn't say when its backing up and I can't find anything to let me back up manually on the computer.

16. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

It seems to be for the iphone 4S only... since my iphone 4 doesn't do this.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

After a few full charges and letting the battery drain all the way down now my battery shows a full 100% when charged and seems to work fine.
    No restore or anything.

18. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

This happened to me for the first time this morning, has anyone identified why its happening?

19. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Run the battery all the way down to recalibrate the battery meter.

20. FYDave macrumors member

This happens to me every once in a while with the 4S. Only a few times so far but I just unplug it from the charger and then plug it back in. Seems to hit 100% then with no issues.

21. 2cool4games macrumors newbie

Try shutting it down. Restart it. My battery was stuck at low when it was plugged in. All I had to do is restart it.

22. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Don't worry about it. Continue to use it normally.

23. ZipZap macrumors 601

Do these devices really maintain a 100% charge all the time. I thought that once a full charge is reached the charging stops until some lower level is reached.

24. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

There are two types of Restore.

1. Restore from back up
    2. Restore as new.

If you restore from back up, it should restore everything back into your phone.

If you restore as new, you will have to start from scratch, manually adding back your contacts, photos, music, apps, etc.