iPhone 4S Stuck In Airplane Mode? (Jailbroken)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jonter19, Jan 21, 2012.

1. jonter19 macrumors member

I have a 4S on Verizon, recently jailbroken. Have had no problems with the jailbreak until now.

I was playing around with SBSettings, adding some toggles to notification center and I switched on airplane mode then switched it off. Upon turning airplane mode off, I noticed that my phone no longer showed my carrier bars or 3G status, just my carrier name. Sure enough, I can't make calls (they instantly fail) and my internet does not work. WiFi, however, does work. It's almost like I'm stuck in airplane mode with no reception or data.

I've confirmed in settings that 3G is enabled. When I go to settings/general/about it shows Network as "not available." My wife has a jailbroken 4 on Verizon, and her phone works fine, so it's not a network issue.

I'm going to try a restore, but the firmware says it will take 7 hours to download.

Anyone have any clue what might be going on?

2. pocky macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You should go into the settings and try turning voice roaming etc off n on and see if that will restore your network.

Firmwares shouldn't take 7 hours to download unless you're still on a dial up modem.

3. jonter19 thread starter macrumors member

Looks like this is a common issue on CDMA iPhone 4S phones.

But the fix was found in this thread. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1311527&highlight=no+service

Posted by 0r30: "same thing happened to my 4s it went under "no service" after toggling the 3g the problem occured . I reset the network settings then turned off Voice roaming and data roaming and cellular data. then turned them back on and had service back up and running."

I'm back up and running.