iPhone 4S Stuck on Apple Logo After Water Damage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tunersunltd, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Tunersunltd macrumors newbie

Hey guys, so I have an iPhone 4S and after 3 weeks it was dropped in water :( I did the rice trick and did my best at drying it out. When I tried to turn it on, I had no luck, but when I plugged it into the computer, it turned on but only showed extremely low battery. I charged it for an hour, and it still said battery needs to be charged. So I purchased a new battery. Now, it still wont turn on unless its plugged in. The only difference is instead of showing low battery, it is stuck on the apple logo. I have tried cleaning the connectors but still not working right. Any ideas? Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You may have fried the board. Did you purchase the extended Apple Care?

3. Tunersunltd thread starter macrumors newbie

No I didnt :( Thats why im really hoping to fix this myself

4. normanbates macrumors regular

Unfortunately it sounds as if you've screwed the logic board.

The problem you face is that whilst rice will soak up the liquid it won't do all of it because the board will soak some of it up too and the rice can only get what is around it, it doesn't suck up liquid that ain't there to suck up so if some is pooling in a crevice inside the device it'll stay there.

Liquid such as water physically corrodes the pub itself, not just the connectors. PCB is made up of several layers and if liquids have been in contact with it for a prolonged period of time it will have most certainly damaged more layers than just the outer layer it came into contact with.

A few years ago a liquid damged handset was considered completely screwed, until something called sonic bath was released that involved submerging the board into a bath of liquid and sonic waves sent through the liquid but even that needed to be done pretty quickly and was not guaranteed.

Sorry mate but it sounds like you need to give that handset a funeral and get a new one :(

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced