iPhone 4S : Subway reconnect issues.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lians60, Oct 19, 2011.

1. lians60 macrumors member

Hey everyone,

If I'm in an area where I don't have cell coverage for a while (ie: a basement, or subway) once I get above ground, the phone won't reconnect to the cell network.

The cell signal indicator will say "Searching..." for a while but will either change to "No Service" or stay on "Searching..." even though I'm in an area that I know has coverage.

The only way to get the phone to reconnect to either Reboot, Power Off/On, or Turn Airplane Mode On then Off.

This is really starting to get frustrating since I have to do one of the above or my phone just won't connect and stay that way until I do something.

Any advise?

2. peglegjack macrumors 6502

peglegjack

I was about to post the same thing. Coming off a subway in New York, it take 5 minutes for the phone to reestablish 3g, which is unacceptable.

3. lians60 thread starter macrumors member

I am in NYC also, i notice this happening in the Financial District.

I am on Sprint, whats your carrier?

4. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

strange, it took about 2 minutes for my 4 to reconnect but my 4S is able to reconnect pretty quickly

5. peglegjack macrumors 6502

peglegjack

I'm on Sprint too, getting 0.07 Mbps this morning in the East Village, but anyway...

But really this is happening coming off of any subway I would imagine.

6. anthonybkny macrumors regular

anthonybkny

same happened to me with the 4. so its probably not the phone. also, im using verizon

7. moonborne macrumors newbie

I noticed the same problem yesterday. When I arrived in West Village for work, I waited over 30 minutes and then did the airplane mode on/off thing and everything was fine. But last night, when I went home to Brooklyn, I had service within a minute of leaving the subway station without having to do anything. I'm on Sprint.

8. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

im in nyc and take the subway all the time. My experience with AT&T is that if it doesn't pick up signal within 5 minutes I have to turn on and off the airplane mode. So far Verizon has been instantly working for me though.

9. iSIILENT macrumors regular

most of the time am in subway and put phone on airplane mode, and once i take it off airplane when am out of subway, it starts to search then get no service until i restart the phone?

weird