iphone 4S: text messages disappearing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by soshibo, Oct 22, 2011.

1. soshibo macrumors newbie

hi all,

i upgraded from an iphone 4 to an iphone 4S. i've had it since launch, and i've experienced a problem that i had not encountered before (and i've had every iphone): ALL my text messages disappear. it's happened four times since 10/18/11.

i am aware that i can restore from a backup, but it seems very inconvenient, as i'd have to back up at least once or twice per day to save the important text messages i get throughout that same day.

i posted on the apple community and got no response. i did a search on this forum and i was unable to find anything related to the problem i'm having.

i am also not jailbroken -- any ideas?

best,
    steven

2. barbid macrumors newbie

Same problem

I had the same problem. I thought my battery was running out and then the screen went black so I thought it had died. I pushed the start button 10 minutes later and it came back up saying there was 10% battery left. I went to send a text message before I started charging it and every single text message was gone. I rebooted and now I'm not sure what to do I haven't backed up in a while either, like two weeks. When I do a search on a person's name that I had text messages to, the result comes up with the recent text messages to that person. When I click on it, it only takes me to that blank text messages screen. Anybody find a solution to this? Help!