iPhone 4S thought

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dimmick, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Dimmick macrumors member

Dimmick

I know probably everyone hates these, but just a thought:

What if the iPhone 4S is able to AirPlay mirror with the Apple TV just like the iPad 2 can. If you think about it, they wouldn't be able to announce it as one of the features of iOS 5 because iPhone 4S doesn't exist. iPad 2 can do this with iOS 5, but iPad 1 can't. Why? I would think because of the A5 processor. There isn't much else internally that is changed between the two that would cause the limit on the iPad 1. What's the oft-rumored iPhone 4S going to have? an A5.

I have no justification for this, but I can definitely see this being a selling point and a motivation for iPhone 4 users to upgrade when there doesn't seem to be much other motivation to. This would be awesome to play games on, especially when developers start developing for it (like how Real Racing 2 HD works with two screens). Figured I'd share with you all to see your thoughts.

2. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

What is an iPhone 4S?

3. jonter19 macrumors member

It's the plural of the world "iPhone 4."

As in, "There are so many iPhone 4's in this room."

:)

4. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Apple will slap an A5 in the iPhone 4, maybe a better camera/sensor and throw some unicorn dust on it. You'll be first in line.

5. Dimmick thread starter macrumors member

Dimmick

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

I personally have no plans on upgrading no matter what the iPhone 4S (or iPhone 5, w/e they are going to call it) has. I'm just saying that this would be a sweet feature that could and should exist.