iPhone 4s to 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rjs838, Feb 18, 2014.

1. rjs838 macrumors newbie

My contract is up and I am thinking of moving to an iPhone 5. I use my phone for everything from calls, to e-mails, texting, weather, etc. It seems to working just fine. Just wondering if it is worth the trade from iPhones4s to 5? .:rolleyes:

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Why not update to 5s?

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

The new phone is going to do about the same thing. Chat with some friends, try out their phones and see it is worth the money.

4. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Sell the 4s on ebay, buy an iphone 5 or a 5s. Youll have it for another 2 years and be happy.

I dont have a contasct with my 5s. T-Mobile all the way home.

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

The other side of the argument is this: if your 4S us working fine then why bother upgrading?

(obviously this is your choice and I completely understand the desire to want a new phone just for a change)

6. cynics macrumors G3

You seem happy with the 4S so you may want to consider hanging onto the upgrade until the 6.

I say this because you don't seem like the kind of person that wants or desires the latest and greatest tech. When the 6 comes out the 5S will be offered at a discounted rate so you can save some money on a phone that I personally believe will run better years down the road vs the 5.

Or maybe the 6 will offer something you really like and you can use the upgrade for that.

7. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I had the iPhone 4s and upgraded to the iPhone 5s. Could not be happier. Now I also had the iPhone 5 before I got the 4s ( long story). I would say go for the 5s not the 5. It seems you keep your phone for a long time, and don't upgrade every year. You will get way more use out of the iPhone 5s then the 5. The 5 is not bad, but it is already over a year old, so that is already cutting into the life of the phone. It's going to be a used phone too. Just my thoughts.

----------

So I just thought about this after reading your post. So for almost the life of iPhones we have gotten new ones every year, and the older models have been reduced in price. Well that was up until last year with the 5c. I am just thinking are they not going to do this again? I know they dropped the iPhone 5 to make room for the 5c, but if they continue the c line will they need to keep a slot for that? The 5c or s will have to go away right? I know the 4s will be gone, but I feel like one of the 5 models will be removed as well. Unless they are just going to keep more iPhone models now.

8. cynics macrumors G3

Well the 5C is less expensive. So if the current 5S was made into a C variant then it would still cost less then it currently does.

9. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

For the use you mention, I'd recommend you hold until the 4S is out of software updates –based on history, it should get iOS 8– so next year with iOS 9 and the '6S' you'll have the perfect excuse to upgrade (I'm doing that, by the way).

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I would wait. A lot of my friends are using their 4s and they work fine. I would try to lock into a better data package or wait and see what the next phone will be.

11. rockitdog Suspended

It drives me up a wall when people say that! Unless you paid for your phone outright, you're EIP installment plan is your contract until your device is paid off.

12. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

True, but I can easily walk into T-Mobile and give them the full payment balance and there is still, NO CONTRACT.

13. rockitdog Suspended

Someone could do the same thing with AT&T & Verizon if you're a new customer or outside of your 2 year window. :)

14. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

In that case, you can still walk into T-Mobile and pay the remaining balance and you ge the phone. NO CONTRACT.