iPhone 4s touchscreen problems... "Dead spots"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isoft7, Oct 15, 2011.

1. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Got my iPhone 4s yesterday, set everything up today, finally sat down with it this afternoon, spent about 2 hours playing around with a bunch of things, it was warm, from games, etc. But not hot or anything.

Anyways, all of a sudden text entry became all messed up, the screen acted uncalibrated, turned it off and back on, worked alright outside of several dead spots, mostly along the right edge. The letter "o" on the keyboard for instance, or the backspace, totally unresponsive.

Turned it off for about 30 mins and back on, now it seems fine.

Anyone else experienced this?

This is my FIRST iPhone, and this makes me feel very uncertain about Apple quality control. :(

2. SomeonePlzHelp macrumors regular

I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. If the problem persists then maybe take it in and get it exchanged.

My iPhone 3GS used to have problems when sending very long texts. Towards the end of typing it would become less responsive on the keyboard and it couldn't keep up with my typing very fast. iOS 5 fixed this problem though.

3. lideckguy macrumors newbie

Iphone 4s Dead Spots

I had exactly the same thing happen to me... only now there is a stripe right across the phone that is totally unresponsive. It is right across the top of the keyboard when held upright. Trying to get a new replacement but it is going to take a while due to demand.